Saturday, April 18, 2009

learning vicariously

Does anyone else ask questions to learn more about what your doctor is doing and why and what causes this and how/why does that happen in your body, etc. during check-ups? I find myself doing that a lot whenever I go see the doctor. I even did this to the hygienist today at the dentist. I think I do this because it makes me feel smarter for the day...and also because I'm paying like $100 for 15 minutes of the doctor's time, and I want to get the most out of it.

I love it when the doctor is actually willing to share and talk about it because this is supposed to be their interest/passion, and they should be excited to be asked about something they have worked so hard to become an expert in. For the times when you're so used to seeing people going through their routine motions because they're doing what they're doing just because they have to for financial stability, social status, etc., it's refreshing to see people so genuinely passionate about their work. I am always in awe of these people.

2 comments:

  1. haha me too dani. except I'm so freaking scared of the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude the doctor is usually trying to run away from me. AHHHAHAH. esp. at the gyno. I'm like WHAT THE EFF ARE YOU DOING. heh.

    ReplyDelete